- 2-3 pounds root or dense vegetables (rutabaga, daikon radish, beets, carrots, turnips, winter squash, pumpkin, sweet potatoes, garlic, onion, parsnips)
- ¼ cup oil (avocado, coconut, or grapeseed)
- Salt and pepper
- Spice of choice (fresh rosemary and thyme, Greek seasoning mix, Garam Masala, dried basil and fresh parsley)
- Wash and peel vegetables. Chop into ½-inch chunks.
- Place veggies in a large bowl, add oil and spices. Stir until thoroughly coated.
- Spread on cookie sheet, one layer thick.
- Roast in hot oven (425°F) for 20 – 30 minutes, turning every ten minutes.