- 1 whole pastured chicken (typically 5-6 pounds)
- 2-3 carrots, coarsely chopped
- 2-3 celery stalks, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 2 cups white wine, bone broth, or water
- Butter or coconut oil for the outside of the chicken
- Sea salt, pepper, and thyme to sprinkle the outside of the chicken
- Wash out the chicken, pat dry, and tie up the legs with cooking twine.
- Put the veggies in the bottom of your roasting pan along with the wine (or bone broth or water).
- Put the chicken breast down in the roasting pan and roast at 250 degrees with the lid on for 3 hours.
- After 3 hours, flip the chicken to breast up, butter the skin, sprinkle with seasonings.
- Roast another 45 minutes with heat up to 350, and with lid off.
- Let your chicken rest for a few minutes outside of the oven before cutting.